Grady undergraduates invited to apply for research assistantships
Grady students can now apply for a CURO Research Assistantship for Spring 2016. The program provides a $1,000 stipend to undergraduate students, who will conduct faculty-mentored research and scholarship.
Completed applications are due to the CURO office, room 203 of Moore College, by Dec. 4, 2015.
When applying, please keep in mind the following points:
• Assistantships are one-semester, non-renewable awards for spring 2016.
• All student recipients will be required to participate in the Spring 2016 CURO Symposium.
• If beneficial for their programs of study, students may conduct research with faculty members outside their department, college or school, including units that do not have any or many undergraduate programs.
• Students are encouraged to register for CURO research course credit or Grady departmental directed study or undergraduate honors research courses if they and their respective faculty mentors so choose (see curo.uga.edu for more information and the course application). See your Grady advisor for Grady classes.
• Participation in CURO research courses is open to all undergraduate students, regardless of their Honors status and major. Eligibility details are here: curo.uga.edu/students/eligibility.
• Because the award will be distributed via payroll, student employment in a UGA position may affect disbursement to the recipients. If you have substantial employee hours at UGA, we may not be able to pay you the stipend. Check with Dr. Alexander, the Grady CURO contact, if you have questions.
To learn about the types of research conducted by previous Grady College CURO recipients, please see the stories below.
Grady College announces its first recipients of CURO Research Assistantships
Grady College announces its Spring 2015 recipients of CURO research assistantships
Students paired with faculty on research projects through CURO research assistantshipsDate: November 20, 2015
Author: Alison F. Alexander, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Alison F. Alexander, email@example.com