- Advising is mandatory. Students must meet with their academic advisor each semester before being cleared to register for classes.
- Intended-Grady majors are advised through the Exploratory Center. If you have not been assigned an advisor in the center, please complete this Referral Form.
- Advising appointments are scheduled online through SAGE.
- Students may register for one (1) advising appointment per semester. Please be prompt and prepared to ask any questions you may have. Outside of this appointment, students may email their questions to their advisor or drop in during specified times (for example, Drop/Add or Registration Drop-In Hours).
Grady Courses POD Information
- Many Grady Courses require a POD (Permission of Department).
- You will receive a POD form during your advising appointment. Complete and return this form by the deadline provided by your advisor.
- Students must attend their advising appointment to obtain a POD form.
- PODs are granted based on a priority system, with graduating seniors having the highest priority.
How to cancel an advising appointment
- If you must cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance by logging into SAGE. You should see your upcoming appointments on your homepage. Select the desired one then click “Cancel”. Alternatively, you may click on the three dots in the lower left hand side and cancel the appointment.
- If you need to cancel an appointment less than 24 hours in advance, you must do so by contacting your advisor by e-mail or phone. Students who cancel less than 24 hours in advance will be rescheduled at their advisor’s discretion.
Missed Appointments and “No-Show” Policy
Students who arrive more than 10 minutes late will not be seen by their advisor;
Grady advisors are required to follow this policy.
Students who are unable to attend their appointment and contact their advisor by email or phone before their scheduled appointment time will be seen at their advisor’s discretion.
Students are considered a “No Show” for their advising appointment if they:
- Do not schedule an appointment during the proper cohort period in SAGE, specified by advisors in a “Welcome Back” email at the beginning of the semester; OR
- Arrive more than 10 minutes after their designated appointment time; OR
- Miss their appointment and have not contacted their advisor in advance.
“No Shows” will not be able to reschedule their advising appointment until after all other students, including new admits, have been advised and received PODs.
Under UGA policy, students must meet with an advisor before they can be cleared to register on Athena. Therefore, students who are “No Shows” will not be cleared to sign up for other classes until their rescheduled appointment time.
The Grady College Office of Undergraduate Services is here to provide current and prospective Grady College students with every means available to help them achieve academic excellence, personal autonomy and a strong sense of purpose. From application to graduation, our team is here to assist you. If you have any questions about being a Grady undergraduate student, please feel free to contact one of our team members. Welcome to Grady College and best wishes.
Journalism, Room 423
Journalism, Room 311-A
Jennifer T. Smith
Journalism, Room 312-A
Student Support Resources
What is Student Support?
The well-being of our students is our number one concern. Any students who need financial, wellness, mental health or any other support should contact the University of Georgia Student Care and Outreach.
Student Support Registration
This form is to be completed by students who are in dire, immediate financial need to use for expenses related to their studies at Grady College. Funds will be deposited into student accounts. Please include a justification of why you need the funds and what they will be used for. Maximum amount to be requested: $300.
"*" indicates required fields