Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
The University of Georgia
The Grady College of The University of Georgia invites applications for a full-time 9-month Instructor, to begin January 2020.
Instructor. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The individual hired for this position oversees operations related to the New Media Certificate. In addition to these responsibilities, this individual will teach courses in the New Media Institute.
M.A. degree in Digital Media or similar area.
- Taught at least one course at the university level in digital media development/use or related area.
- At least six months experience in a role that requires curriculum development, course scheduling, student recruitment, advising, and/or student enrollment practices.
- At least three months experience in a role that requires alumni relations, diverse communication efforts, business operations, and/or event management.
- At least three months in a role that required fundraising campaign development and implementation, and/or donor recruitment, recognition, and retention.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Academic emphasis and/or professional experience in roles or industries relating to emerging media or relevant area.
- Familiarity with experiential and project-based teaching methods.
- Successful fundraising campaign development and implementation, and/or donor recruitment, recognition, and retention.
Grady College, its departments, and the University of Georgia are committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and students, and sustaining a work and learning environment that is inclusive. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University is an EEO/AA institution.
Applications must be submitted online at http://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/119124.
For full consideration, applications should be received by October 20, 2019.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Megan Ward, Administrative Director of the New Media Institute, Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about the New Media Institute
The New Media Institute (nmi.uga.edu) is an interdisciplinary unit of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, dedicated to the exploration of the creative, commercial, and critical dimensions of innovative digital media technology. Through the NMI’s New Media Certificate Program, students of any major can develop new media expertise. Certificate courses are hands on and highly interactive, providing students a foundation of skills and knowledge that prepare them to respond to changes in technology throughout their careers. The NMI is located on the fourth floor of the Journalism Building with a great view of UGA’s historic North Campus.
More about the Grady College and the University of Georgia
Learn more about the Grady College at www.grady.uga.edu. Georgia is well known for its quality of life both outdoors and urban activities (www.georgia.gov). The University of Georgia (www.uga.edu) is a land/sea grant institution located in Athens 70 miles northeast of Atlanta (www.visitathensga.com). Athens is consistently named one of the best college towns in the United States and is known for its many recreational and cultural opportunities, its music scene and college athletics (www.visitathensga.com).