Apply to Grady College
To be eligible to apply to a Grady College major, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted and currently enrolled in classes at the University of Georgia.
- Area I-V in the General Education curriculum must be in-progress to completion or complete by the application deadline.
- Earn a 2.8 minimum overall GPA.
- Be in good academic standing during the semester of application (cumulative UGA GPA of at least 2.0).
- Complete the online application during the posted application dates. The Spring application process opens each year on November 15; the Fall application process opens each April 15. The deadline to complete the online application and Statement of Interest is 5 p.m. on Friday of the second full week of classes each Spring and Fall semester.
- Complete a written statement of interest. The statement must be written at the UGA Testing Center .
The above criteria are minimum application requirements and do not guarantee admission to Grady College or to a particular major.
Admission to Grady’s high demand majors is highly competitive, and acceptance is not guaranteed. We expect this high demand situation to continue, due to high interest in journalism and mass communication, the vibrant reputation of Grady College and the high quality of students who apply to study here.
Selection of applicants will be based on scores in the following areas:
- 75% Grades in Areas I, IV, and V in the General Education curriculum
- 25% Score on written statement of interest
The number of spaces available for new students varies by semester and is determined by the availability of teaching staff, classroom space, lab facilities and other resources for each major, as well as our commitment to help students proceed efficiently through our four-semester programs.