Tom Reichert, head of the Grady College Department of Advertising and Public Relations, recently was elected the American Academy of Advertising (AAA) President-Elect for the 2017-2018 conference-to-conference year.
“I’m just humbled and honored that my peers would select me for this position,” Reichert said, adding that he hopes “to continue the good work of the American Academy of Advertising and enhance it in ways that make a lot of sense.”
The AAA is an organization for advertising scholars and professionals to express their interest in the advertising industry and education. Members have the opportunity to engage in field research and exchange ideas with other professional and academic members.
In 1962, members outlined the purpose of The AAA. These factors include:
- To coordinate efforts to advance advertising education;
- To emphasize the value of professional education for advertising;
- To study, evaluate and improve advertising education;
- To stimulate research concerning advertising education;
- To develop closer liaison between academic disciplines; and
- To encourage closer cooperation between teachers of advertising.
“We are excited that Tom will take the helm of the American Academy of Advertising. It is the leading organization for advertising educators and those interested in advertising education,” said Karen King, Jim Kennedy New Media and Advertising Professor. “The AAA holds two annual conferences and has three academic journals under its umbrella. We look forward to Tom’s leadership as he will do a great job continuing the forward momentum of the organization.”