College journalists from across the U.S. will learn leadership, management, content development and new media production skills at the Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication on Sunday, July 28 through Friday, Aug. 2, 2019, at the 24th annual Management Seminar for College News Editors (MSCNE). Registration is now open and will be capped at 50 participants.
This year’s presenters include:
- Butch Ward, former senior faculty of the Poynter Institute
- Mizell Stewart III, news executive at Gannett, USA Today Network
- Kendall Trammell, producer on CNN Digital’s mobile news programming team
- Mike Hiestand, senior legal counsel, Student Press Law Center
- Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals
- Mark Johnson, senior lecturer of visual journalism, University of Georgia Grady College
- Billy Weeks, lecturer of photojournalism, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Rich Glickstein, former journalist, now a trauma therapist and Clinical Social Worker, Shepherd Center hospital in Atlanta
- At CNN: Paul Crum, Vice President, News Operations & Affiliate Services, CNNUS/CNN Newsource at CNN Worldwide. Additional CNN reporters and producers will also participate.
- At AJC: Panelists TBA (based on availability and current news cycle)
- Also: Q/A with UGA Police about working with university law enforcement on news stories
Read about the presenters here: http://grady.uga.edu/mscne/mscne-2019-presenters.
“MSCNE is a transformative experience. If you pay attention to the speakers and participate fully in the activities, you will leave the program as a better person. I’ve learned so much this week that I feel as though someone raised a lid on my head and poured in knowledge until it overflowed. In addition to being educational, MSCNE is also fun. You’ll meet some great people, visit some intriguing places, and make memories to last a lifetime. Be sure to explore Athens with some new friends in your spare time!”
– Cole Trahan, Managing Editor, The Saber
Columbus State University