The Grady College congratulates its faculty members and alumni from the Department of Advertising and Public Relations who were recognized with national teaching and research distinctions at the 2015 American Academy of Advertising (AAA) annual conference, held March 26 – 29 in Chicago. The AAA honors educators and innovators in the advertising industry.
The following three faculty members were honored:
• Nathaniel Evans, assistant professor, received the Best Article Award from Journal of Interactive Advertising and also received a faculty research grant.
• Grace Ahn, assistant professor, received the Mary Alice Schaffer Promising Scholar Award.
• Karen King, Jim Kennedy New Media Professor, received the Charles Sandage Award for Excellence in Teaching, which recognizes top educators in the industry.
In addition, several AdPR doctoral alumni also won awards.
• Taehyun Baek (ABJ '07, PhD '11), assistant professor at University of Kentucky, became the only person in AAA history to win Best Paper at the AAA Conference twice.
• Frederico de Gregorio (PhD '05), associate professor of marketing at The University of Akron, won Best Reviewer Award from Journal of Advertising.
• Gergely Nyilasy (MMC '02, PhD '06), senior lecturer at University of Melbourne's Melbourne Business School, won Best Reviewer for the Journal of Current Issues in Research in Advertising.
April 10, 2015 Author:
Elizabeth Katz, email@example.com