The Grady College celebrated the many accomplishments and accolades of its faculty and staff on April 29, 2015 in the new Peyton Anderson Forum.
Mark Johnson, senior lecturer of visual journalism, was honored with the Darwin Davis Award.
Jay Hamilton, 2014 winner, presents Mark Johnson with the 2015 Darwin Davis Award.
Made possible by an endowment from Dean Emeritus Cully Clark and his wife Mary, the Darwin Davis was established to recognize a member of the faculty or staff whose performance reflects those qualities of dedication and friendship that best capture the “Grady Spirit.”
The Vera Penn Staff Award for Excellence was presented to Beth Rector, director of undergraduate services, for exhibiting outstanding characteristics in performance of duties such as dependability and professionalism.
Recognized for their years of service to the college were Laurie Anglin, 5 years; Sophie Barnes, 25 years; Joe Dennis, 10 years; Jennifer Griffith, 10 years; Karen King, 30 years; Parker Middleton, 10 years; Jennifer Smith, 10 years; and Pat Thomas, 10 years.
Other recognitions included:
▪ Outstanding Teaching Faculty Awards: Michael Cacciatore, Dodie Cantrell-Bickley, Shira Chess, Peggy Kreshel and Vicki Michaelis
▪ University of Georgia Outstanding Undergraduate Academic Advisor: Michelle McFalls
▪ Outstanding University TA Awards: Adam Avant and Jason Guthrie
▪ AdPR Departmental Outstanding TA Awards: Camila Espina, public relations, and Eun Sook Kwon, advertising
▪ Graduate Student Travel Award in Honor of Dr. Dean Krugman: Dongwon Choi
▪ Graduate Student Research Excellence Award in Honor of Dr. Leonard Reid: Hye-Jin Bang
▪ Roland Page Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award: Pat Thomas
▪ Joyce Burton Award for Excellence: Deberah Sickles
May 12, 2015 Author:
Stephanie Moreno, email@example.com