Grady College alumni-run businesses on 2015 Bulldog 100 list
Ten graduates of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication representing nine businesses have been named as honorees on the University of Georgia Alumni Association’s 2015 Bulldog 100 list.
The program seeks out nominations for the fastest growing businesses that are owned or operated by alumni. More than 450 nominations were submitted for the 2015 list.
To be considered for the award, a company must be in business for a minimum of five years, have verifiable revenues of $100,000 or more for the calendar year 2011, and operate in a manner consistent with the Pillars of the Arch and in keeping with the values and image of the University of Georgia, according to criteria set by the UGA Alumni Association. Final rankings — determined by a compounded annual growth rate over the last three years — will be announced during the celebration.
The following Grady College alumni and their businesses will be recognized:
- Maureen Clayton (ABJ '80, MA '84), Insight Strategic Communications, Roswell, Ga.
- Marc Gorlin (ABJ '95), Kabbage, Inc., Atlanta
- Laura Gross (ABJ '95), Scott Circle Communications, Washington, D.C.
- Allison Hayn (ABJ ’04), Dancefx, Inc., Athens, Ga.
- Michael Lentz (ABJ ’06) and Kevin Planovsky (ABJ '05), Vert Mobile, Atlanta
- Kevin Ouzts (ABJ ’04), The Spotted Trotter, LLC, Atlanta
- Melanie Ledford Raiford (ABJ '84), Police & Sheriffs Press, Inc., Vidalia, Ga.
- Julie Shingadia (ABJ '01, MMC ‘05), SEA Atlanta, Johns Creek, Ga.
- Sally Williamson (ABJ '83), Sally Williamson and Associates, Inc., Atlanta
The final rankings will be released during the ceremony on Feb. 7 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Hala Moddelmog (MA '81), the first female president and CEO of the Atlanta Metro Chamber, will be the featured keynote speaker.
To find out more about the event, visit http://www.alumni.uga.edu/b100.Date: December 1, 2014
Author: Stephanie Moreno, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Diane Murray, email@example.com