Travel – Out of State

1) Grady Out-of-State Travel Authority Form

Must be completed, signed by Department Head, and submitted to the Business office no later than 2 WEEKS prior to travel.

Rates of importance:

Current mileage rate

Domestic per diem maximums (First/Last day of travel 75% of per diem)

Foreign per diem rates maximums (First/Last day of travel 75% of per diem)

2) Travel Expense Statement:

Complete, print, and submit with ORIGINAL receipts to the Business Office no later than 2 weeks after returning from travel.

Airfare and registration expense may be reimbursed prior to travel. Please submit receipts along with a Travel Expense Statement listing ONLY the airfare and registration amounts. A second TES should be submitted upon return from travel listing the remaining expenses to be reimbursed.


– Do NOT include on TES meals purchased for anyone other than yourself – these MUST be reimbursed separately as Entertainment (see Entertainment page).

– Airfare should be listed under “common carrier

– If meals/lodging exceed per diem rate, please note the reason on appropriate line and include ORIGINAL, ITEMIZED receipt

*Lodging ex: lodged at conference hotel to reduce ground transportation costs, lodged at best price hotel in the area

*Meals ex: high cost area, no restaurants in close proximity to the hotel offered meals within per diem limits

– Hotel receipt must show a ZERO balance

– Please only include room/tax expense under lodging – all other hotel charges (phone, internet, meals, etc.) need to be itemized in respective locations on TES.

How to Submit a Travel Authority report

Creating an Expense Report Step-by-Step