Grady Sports Media Certificate
The program is directed by Prof. Vicki Michaelis, a 20-year veteran of the sports media industry at outlets including USA Today, where she was the lead Olympics reporter for 12 years. Prof. Welch Suggs is associate director. His sports media experience includes stints at The Chronicle of Higher Education and Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal.
Graduates of Grady’s Sports Media Certificate program are working at media outlets including 11Alive, ESPN, Fox Sports South, The Athletic, The Kansas City Star, the SEC Network and The Washington Post and at sports organizations including the Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots, the Southeastern Conference and the U.S. Olympic Committee.
Students in the Sports Media Certificate program:
- Study the interplay of sport in media and society.
- Learn how the relationships among athletes, coaches, sports administrators, sports organizations and the media have evolved and how they affect the evolution of and issues arising within sports.
- Acquire journalism skills with a multimedia- and innovation-oriented mindset.
- Specialize within the sports media specialty, pursuing their particular interests in sports enterprise reporting and writing, sports broadcasting and production, and sports communications.
- Gain real-world experience throughout their time in the program, crowned by a practicum in their particular area of interest.
Please visit the Grady Sports Media website for more details.
Grady is Ready For You
Are you ready for Grady? Admission is highly competitive. Familiarize yourself with eligibility criteria so you don’t miss your opportunity. You’ll be walking up Sanford Drive in no time.