Join us in May 2018 for an exhilarating and immersive experience of Travel Journalism taught in Munich, Germany!
This course explores a range of techniques that travel journalists use to discover and verify information—the “journalism as science” approach. This course will also explore a range of techniques that travel journalists use to tell stories and engage the reader—the “journalism as art” approach.
Students will live, study, and report in and around the European city of Munich.
During this course, you will:
- Learn the craft of travel writing
- Come to a greater understanding of the historical significance of many sites around Munich, Germany
- Build a multi-media portfolio
- Spend your days doing intense reporting and relaxing in nearby bistros, coffee houses, and cafes.
- Have the opportunity to travel in nearby European countries