In celebration of all of the student veterans that have served our country and now choose to study at the University of Georgia, members of the UGA PRSSA Bateman have joined forces with UGA's Student Veterans of America to plan the first annual Student Veteran Appreciation Week Feb. 22-26.
The goal of the campaign is to raise awareness and inspire a local and national dialogue about student veterans.
The following events are planned:
• Monday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.—Sticker giveaway in Tate Plaza
• Tuesday, Feb. 23, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.—Obstacle Course on the Tate Lawn
• Wednesday, Feb. 24, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.—Sign a pledge of support for student veterans at Tate Plaza
• Thursday, Feb. 25, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.—Official UGA Student Veteran Day celebration in the Grady College Peyton Anderson Forum with refreshments and informational video clips
• Friday, Feb. 26, 5 p.m.—UGA baseball vs. South Alabama: Student veterans will be honored and a student veteran will throw out the first pitch.
“One historic aspect of the week is Thank-A- Student Veteran day on Feb. 25,” noted team member Cara Anne Anderson, in a press release. “The Student Government Association at UGA and the Mayor of Athens signed off on creating this official day in honor of student veterans on campus, and this day will serve as a legacy of the awareness week and the Bateman team this year.”
Follow along and engage with the campaign on Facebook, Twitter (@ThankAUGAVet) and Instagram (@ThankAUGAVet) using #ThankAUGAVet.
About the PRSSA Bateman Competition
The Bateman Competition is an annual event hosted by the Public Relations Student Society of America. PRSSA chooses a client at the beginning of each academic year then submits a project brief on what each team should accomplish. Universities throughout the country create team(s) of four to five students to create a campaign for that year's client. Top three teams receive grants to their local PRSSA chapter.
February 22, 2016 Author:
Cara Anne AndersonContact:
Yan Jin, email@example.com