- Advising is mandatory. Students must meet with their academic advisor each semester before being cleared to register for classes.
- Advising begins during the second week of classes each semester and are scheduled online at the UGA online advising site.
- Students may register for one (1) advising appointment per semester. Please be prompt and prepared to ask any questions you may have. Outside of this appointment, students may email their questions to their advisor or drop in during specified times (for example, Drop/Add or Registration Drop-In Hours).
Grady courses POD information
- All Grady courses, except for the introductory courses (ADPR 3100, ADPR 3850, EMST 3010, JOUR 3310), require a POD (Permission of Department).
- You will receive a POD form during your advising appointment. Complete and return this form by the deadline provided by your advisor.
- Students must attend their advising appointment to obtain a POD form.
- PODs are granted based on a priority system, with graduating seniors having the highest priority (see your advisor for the complete priority listing).
- You will not be able to request any PODS until you have been advised.
How to cancel an advising appointment
- If you must cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance by logging in to the online advising site and selecting the cancel option.
- If you need to cancel an appointment less than 24 hours in advance, you must do so by contacting your advisor by e-mail or phone. Students who cancel less than 24 hours in advance will be rescheduled at their advisor’s discretion sometime before New Admits are advised.
Grady missed appointment policy, “no-show” policy
Students who arrive more than 10 minutes late will not be seen by their advisor; Grady advisors are required to follow this policy.
Students who are unable to attend their appointment and contact their advisor by email or phone before their scheduled appointment time will be seen at their advisor’s discretion. If you do not have access to email and cannot reach your advisor by phone, you may leave a message prior to your appointment time with Brittney Minor, Director of Undergraduate Services at 706-542-2526.
Students are considered a “no show” for their advising appointment if they:
Do not schedule an appointment during the proper cohort period in SAGE, specified by advisors in a “Welcome Back” email at the beginning of the semester; OR
Arrive more than 10 minutes after their designated appointment time; OR
Miss their appointment and have not contacted their advisor in advance.
“No Shows” will not be able to reschedule their advising appointment until after all other students, including New Admits, have been advised and received PODs. In fall, no shows are typically advised in mid-to late November.
Under UGA policy, students must meet with an advisor before they can be cleared to register on Athena. Therefore, students who are “No Shows” will not be cleared to sign up for other classes until their rescheduled appointment time.