The University of Georgia Alumni Association later this month will honor nine graduates of the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the 2014 Bulldog 100 awards ceremony.
The program seeks out nominations for the fastest growing businesses that are owned or operated by alumni. This year’s recipients were selected from a pool of over 700 nominees.
To be considered for the award, a company must be in business for a minimum of five years, have verifiable revenues of $100,000 or more for the calendar year 2010, and operate in a manner consistent with the Pillars of the Arch and in keeping with the values and image of the University of Georgia, according to criteria set by the UGA Alumni Association. Final rankings—determined by a compounded annual growth rate over the last three years—will be announced during the celebration.
The following Grady College alumni and their companies will be recognized:
• Mary Butin (ABJ '86), The Butin Group, St. Simons Island, Ga.
• Maureen Clayton (ABJ '80, MA '84), Insight Strategic Communications, Roswell, Ga.
• Laura Gross (ABJ '95), Scott Circle Communications, Washington, D.C.
• Steve Howard (ABJ '83), Sunburst Beach Vacations, Seagrove Beach, Fla.
• Christy Hulsey (ABJ '98), Colonial House of Flowers, Statesboro, Ga.
• Joshua Jones (ABJ '08), Red Clay Communications, Cumming, Ga.
• Linda Kerr Kamm (ABJ '78), Happy & Healthy Products, Boca Raton, Fla.
• Kevin Planovsky (ABJ '05), Vert Mobile, Atlanta
• Melanie Ledford Radford (ABJ '84), Police & Sheriffs Press, Inc., Vidalia, Ga.
The celebration will be held on Jan. 25 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Founder of SmallBizClub.com, media contributor and Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton (BBA ‘61) is the keynote speaker. To find out more about the event, visit http://www.alumni.uga.edu/b100.
January 9, 2014 Author:
Diane Murray, email@example.com