Grady College’s computer and production laboratories provide the access students need to master the skills of the industry and produce professional results. Filled with the best equipment, software and technology, our labs offer systems and software for writing, design, photojournalism, video and audio production, and new media design and evaluation.
Please follow these guidelines when using our computer labs:
- No food, drinks, or chewing tobacco are allowed in any college lab facility.
- Labs are only for currently-enrolled Grady College students, faculty, and staff.
- Do not save any files to the local machine.
- Grady College ITS staff are not responsible for lost or damaged data. Please save your work frequently.
- All lab computers are provided for instructional and official use. Commercial use of any college computer is not allowed.
- The installation of software is forbidden. If additional software or tools are needed, request it by sending an email to the ITS staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. System logs are reviewed periodically and violation of this policy can result in the loss of lab privileges.
- Modification of lab software/hardware is strictly forbidden.
- When you are finished using the computer system, please Quit each open program by going to the File Menu and choosing Quit.
- When finished using the computer, please push in your chair for the next user and clean up any excess paper.
- In Open Lab areas, workstations are available on a first come, first serve basis. During busy periods a time limit may be imposed to ensure all students can have equal access.
- These policies may be updated and amended at any time. Users who violate lab policies are subject to losing lab privileges.
- Users are also subject to the University of Georgia’s Computer Use Policies. For more information on the computer use policy, visit https://infosec.uga.edu/policies/aup.php
Room 238 The Peyton Anderson Forum
Room 108 SEE Suite
Room 110 Cox Mobile News Lab
Room 130 Frank E. Gannett Photojournalism Laboratory
Room 132 Digital Journalism Laboratory
Room 136 Digital Video Production Laboratory
Room 204 J. Thomas Russell Media Management Laboratory
Room 239 Richard Yarbrough Public Relations Laboratory
Room 241 Millard B. Grimes Lab for Excellence in Print Journalism
Room 242 Magazine Association of Georgia Writing and Editing Lab
Room 243 Georgia Press Association Laboratory
Room 311 Advertising/Graphics Lab
Room 401 New Media Institute Digital Laboratory
Room 403B/C New Media Institute Laboratories
Room 418 Open Lab
Conference and seminar rooms:
Rooms 117,118 Michael J. Faherty Broadcast Management Laboratory
Room 128 William J. Holland Conference Room
Room 142 B,C Himan Brown Audio Production Center
Room 203 Aronstam Advertising Seminar Conference Room
Room 205 Dean’s Conference Room
Video and production facilities:
2 Television and 2 audio studios as well as external production equipment
Research complex on the first floor includes:
Games and Virtual Environments Lab in Suite 135, as well as the Center for Health and Risk Communication in the 134 Suite.